Saturday 21 September 2013

And now for something completely different...

This week I took a small trip to York!
Initially we hoped to go abroad but I think we left it too late to book anywhere decent...

I thought I'd share a few photos of my trip ^^
(please note... I am awful at taking photographs ^^;)

First up, here is where I stayed - the Guy Fawkes Inn. A really pretty place with an awesome cooked breakfast :) When we arrived on Wednesday there was a man playing the piano where the man on the bike is. I could hear a familiar singing voice...it was only Jamie Cullen jazz singer :O


On Wednesday I forgot to take photographs of most places we visited :/ We visited the York Dungeon, the Yorvik Viking Center (very cool) and Yorvik Heroes. We also had a walk around Fairfax house. I did get some photos from the Merchant Adventurers' Hall..







In the evening we went on the York Ghost Hunt with a very snappily dressed tour guide.

On Thursday we were up early to admire the beautiful York Minster *___*






 After that was Clifford's Tower, York Castle Museum (not a museum about castles *grrr*) and then the Roman Bath - the guide for the Roman Bath was a really nice chap who knew his stuff and was so enthusiastic :D

I shall finish with a photo of a street called the 'Shambles'...


More streets should be like this :)

I hope you've enjoyed the photos from my trip. I know it's not cross stitch but I wanted to share my excitement :3

** There is a Crafters Trail that you can do in York if you ever visit - you can pick up map in the Visitors Center that takes you around the craft shops of York ^^ **




3 comments:

  1. A lovely post with stunning photographs!
    Sounds like you really enjoyed your trip (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip you had. It took me back to when I went to that wonderful city

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I hope you've enjoyed your stay ^^ I tend to reply to comments by email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will reply to your comment here :) Have a nice day <3