Monday 21 January 2013

The bug is back!

Ahhh my stitchy bug is very much back :3
This weekend I have managed to get two things stitched.

First up I finished the flower fairy card for my nan...


This was such a pain in the ass to stitch :( I'm not happy with the finish at all...

Then I stitched a cat card for my mum...


This chart was taken from Cross Stitch Crazy (not sure which issue) and was stitched on 16count light blue Zweigart aida using a mix of DMC and Anchor threads.
I really enjoyed stitching this - the cat is so cute =^.^=

So now that stitchy bug is back my knitting as fell to the wayside. I've actually found an error in the mittens pattern! Simply Knitting are going to put a correction up on their site soon so once that is released I'll be able to make a start again. I didn't manage to get any crochet practice in as I was having too much fun with cross-stitch.

I have joined up to the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop over at Serendipitous Stitching. It's such a sweet idea! I've already chosen what I'm going to stitch so I just need to get that done. I'm also taking part in  Daffycats TUSAL. Now, I've always wondered what 'TUSAL' meant (Totally Useless Stitch A Long) and why bloggers make posts of bits of thread in a jar...and now I know ^^ I'm a pretty wasteful stitcher so even though I don't get through a lot of stitching during the year I think it'll fill up pretty quick..

On Saturday I received the catalogue from the Cross Stitch Guild *flails* Ahhhh there's so much that I want but I really need to level-up stitching first. I may get the sampler tote-bag as I've had my eye on that for a while and I still have my voucher from joining.





3 comments:

  1. Well, I think both cards look great. The facial detail on the fairy seems to have worked out beautifully!=)

    Thanks for subbing to my blog!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, everyone moaned about that fairy when it came out. You've made a great job of it though, very neat and smooth stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I hope you've enjoyed your stay ^^ I tend to reply to comments by email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will reply to your comment here :) Have a nice day <3