Sunday 27 January 2013

Massive achievement!

I can crochet!!!
I am so so proud of myself :) I really, truly never thought I'd be able to do it...and now I can! *tears of joy*


It's very scrappy and I have gone wrong in places..but still this is still awesome :3
This is just a bit of double crochet for practice, next I'm going to try treble!
What finally made everything finally click for me was this youtube video. I sat with a crochet guide and this video and just sat and crocheted along with her and tah-dah!

I've also done some cross-stitch this week.
I've stitched my piece for Secret Stitching Sweetheart and I've started this cute little kitten!


This is a Riolis kit that my mum got me for Christmas. The thread is lovely but weird...very fluffy...quite wooly but it gives a lovely finish ^^
It's coming along quite quick - I managed to get all that done last night!

Usually when I read cross stitch magazines I think 'oh that's nice...I'll save that chart' ...but nothing usually comes from it - I just have piles and piles of charts *lol* But this month there is so much that I really want to stitch! So much so that last night I made myself little 'project packs' that have the threads/fabric in them that I need for each thing I want to stitch. I'm going to get some more bits today so when they arrive I'll be good to go :)

1 comment:

  1. Your crochet looks better than my first attempt which was embarrassingly bad. You will have to find some easy patterns now.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I hope you've enjoyed your stay ^^ I tend to reply to comments by email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will reply to your comment here :) Have a nice day <3