Sunday 2 September 2012

Bird Coaster

Here is a little quick-stitch I completed a while back...


I felt like I was loosing the stitchy-bug quite a bit (hence no updates for so long), so I want to do something small and quick to try and get me in the mood again and my coaster in work had just about had it...so I thought I'd do this ^^

It is stitched on a light pink 28count evenweave from Zweigart. I used a mix of DMC and Anchor threads and a little bit of Kreinik very fine braid #4 just to add a little sparkle. The coaster is from Sew and So (can't remember the brand!). The stitching is backed with some medium interfacing to keep everything nice and neat. The chart is from a Joan Elliott Oriental chart booklet that came free with a magazine. I stitched it over two afternoons.

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and it looks nice and pretty on my desk at work ^___^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I hope you've enjoyed your stay ^^ I tend to reply to comments by email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will reply to your comment here :) Have a nice day <3